Friday, April 26, 2019

Beginning weight loss: confused and discouraged by diets.

Hi everyone!

I just recently began my weight loss journey. I had physically active jobs for the majority of the past five years, so while I wasn't at an ideal weight, I was still somewhat happy with my appearance. I changed to a desk job a year ago and gained almost 15 lbs. I'm extremely unhappy with my appearance, so I began going to the gym 3-5 days per week. I haven't seen any results in the month I've been going, but I know that it's because of my eating habits. About a week ago I started drastically cutting desserts, and the past couple of days I tried out a pseudo 16:8 fast (I still drink my coffee in the morning) which I found to be manageable, but now I'm stressing hard about the food I eat during those eight hours.

I wanted to try the Keto diet because of all of the success I've heard people having on it, but I don't honestly want to change my eating that drastically. It can also get pretty expensive! However, I've found myself obsessing over the amount of carbs I eat and feeling extreme guilt for eating a small serving of something with sugar in it. I feel like all of my work will be for nothing if I don't follow a strict diet. I've tried to make better eating decisions and keep my caloric intake around 1400-1600. Does anyone have any advice or experience to calm my fears a little bit?

submitted by /u/Orange_Penguin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WcbC4U

No comments:

Post a Comment