Tuesday, April 30, 2019

A different type of hair loss question

I know this topic comes up like every few weeks in here. I already know about telogen effluvium, and I have just started taking the necessary vitamins - and making sure my calories aren't TOO low. I actually set MFP to losing just 1 lb a week (1600-1700 calories a day, plus exercise calories) just to be sure. My protein is 80-100 grams a day, so that's good too.

But I have a couple other questions concerning hair loss, for those who have experienced it too.

  1. If you get it easily just from dieting/losing fat, will you pretty much deal with it until you reach maintenance? I am really hoping not, because I have another 85 lbs to go. That could take over a year at the rate I'm going. I will be bald by then!
  2. Has anyone seen it kind of start and stop, then start again? I first got TE in early 2018 when doing Keto. I lost FAST. Like 20-30 lbs in 2 months, completely just by doing Keto and my calories were way too low.. between 1,000 and 1,200 and I was over 250 lbs. SO that part makes sense. Over the last year or so, the hair loss kind of slows down, seems to get better, then comes back bad. Then goes away again after several months, then comes back bad. Has anyone else noticed this?
  3. When you started losing hair, did you notice your hair texture also change? It seemed like when this started happening, my hair completely changed. It is limp, dull, dry, and no longer curly. I used to have spiral curly hair, now it's barely waves. It just seems connected somehow?

I should mention I was NOT taking my vitamins properly until like the last week, so I wasn't really doing much to help it. I was just yo-yo dieting a lot and stressing over losing my hair basically.

I am totally fine with a lot of the side effects of weight loss, including the loose skin. But the hair loss is seriously stressing me out - even if it turns out to be temporary.

submitted by /u/jenninrecovery
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vw2cpm

No comments:

Post a Comment