Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Renewing Motivation During Finals Week

*this is so long I’m so sorry lol*

I've literally lurked on this sub for so long and it's been incredibly helpful so far, and I love reading about everyone's journey, so I thought I'd share mine in an attempt to stop being such a fuckup and keep up with my goals, so here it is.

On January 27th 2019, I was 179 pounds, and I’m 5’3, so it freaked me the fuck out. I was never like a ~skinny legend~ but I’ve always wanted to be. Thinking about dieting always made me exhausted (because I didn’t know about CICO and thought I had to eat leaves, bland chicken, and then, maybe if I’m lucky, a single strawberry as a treat, so basically I was dumb lol) and I never had to worry about exercise because I played sports in high school, and my coaches always kicked my ass, so I never had to do it myself. Then college started and 4 nights a week of vodka, chasers, pizza, and ice cream (love you 24/7 dining hall) had me gaining the freshman 15, and the sophomore 15, which put me at a cool 30ish. Yikes.

This is so vain but I was like really really over the way I looked. All my friends are so tiny and they’d always assure me like “oh you look fine, you look great” and it kinda placated me into not really doing anything about my weight because apparently I looked fine, carried the weight well, and fit into mediums (which by the way, after looking at pictures, I absolutely didn’t, like sis get a larger size plz) But I knew something was off, I’m 20 and I want to be in the best health as I can for as long as I can, and I also wanna flex, ya know.

So after realizing how much I weighed and deciding enough was enough, I went cold-turkey, balls to the wall, hard af on weight loss, started running for 30 minutes a day 5 days a week, sticking to 1200 calories a day (mostly healthy foods, some def not, but all good) and now I’m down 30 pounds at 149. Which would be great, as I’m 9 pounds away from my first goal of being a healthy weight (my final goal is 115 which I haven't been since junior high but i'm dyin to get there).

But. It’s finals week. I have 3 papers due (and yet here I am lmao) and I ate 500 calories worth of Hot Cheetos today because I really don’t wanna write these papers and I’m so stressed. After I stress-ate the Cheetos, I got off my ass and did my usual run (that I’ve skipped for the last 4 days because of work which is also stressing me out) and I need to stay motivated to not use finals week stress as a reason to slide back down into my old habits because those sucked and they’re a trap. I’m scared once I stop being conscious of what I’m eating and start indulging too much, I’m gonna lose all my motivation. So if anyone has any advice on dealing w this please lmk because god do I want to just lay on a coach and hibernate for a year. Thanks and ily all so much :)

TLDR because this is a literal novel oh my god: I'm down 30 pounds at 149 from 179, but finals week is killing me and i need tips to stay motivated!

submitted by /u/roadto115
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GMkcAT

No comments:

Post a Comment