Monday, April 29, 2019

Dieting As a Student

I’m getting really frustrated.

I’ve been trying to lose 30 pounds since August but it’s so difficult to remain in a caloric deficit when you’re constantly sleep deprived, stressed, and busy. I keep trying to focus on my assignments but I can’t concentrate because I’m hungry. It’s also becoming very difficult for me to get my workouts in because I’m always so ravenous and all I want to do is nap to ignore my hunger.

I’ve tried gum, intermittent fasting (which led to binge eating due to my history of disordered eating; anorexia), full day fasting, regular snacking, small meals, big meals, etc. I feel like I won’t be able to lose the weight until summer when I have less obligations, but I also know that the first half of my summer will be a summer session for a notoriously hard class (ie. it won’t get any easier to lose weight), and the second half of summer is a long way to wait.

I also get frustrated with myself frequently when I think about how I could have already lost the 30 pounds (and then some) had I just done this right the first time. I lost about 60 pounds (more than was healthy to lose for my height and starting weight) about 4 years ago, but gained it back last year because I had developed an eating disorder.

I’m healthy (mentally) now and ready to lose the weight again since I went to far in recovery (I almost developed binge eating disorder well after I was weight-restored). I’m so really frustrated with constantly having to sacrifice my physical health and weight loss goals for my school work.

submitted by /u/neuraltransmission
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2V2ficQ

No comments:

Post a Comment