Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Eating the same meals every day?

Hello!

So I am wanting to experiment with eating the same meals everyday. I am horrible when it comes to eating whatever I'm craving and binging on junk food. I've put on a good 50 pounds in the last 4 years, and I've tried and failed to lose it. I'm generally pretty lazy when it comes to food prep; I love to cook sometimes, when I'm in the mood to, but on a day to day basis I can't stand spending ~1 hr cooking and then 30 minutes to clean up.

I know I can't do this indefinitely, but I'm in a weird situation right now which has made it impossible to cook daily; I live with my bf and his brother, and often his brother has friends over or sits in the living room watching shows/movies with his girlfriend. I have pretty bad anxiety, so the idea of going out there and disrupting them so I can cook every day is awful to me. Not to mention that something that really helps me stay on track with cooking and not get bored is I love to put on a podcast, or music that I sing along to while I cook. Because of all this (and in addition not really feeling comfortable since it's not MY kitchen) my bf and I have gotten into a bad habit over the past couple of months of eating out for every single meal. Luckily my bf and I are moving into our own place in a little over a month, where I will be able to warble to my hearts content while I cook.

Until then, I am wanting to try to get us on track toward losing weight(we both want to). I'm hoping that by eating roughly the same things every day it will not only help us lose a bit of weight over the next month+ but reset our taste buds and hopefully how we view food. We both have a very unhealthy relationship with food and use it as a comfort. I want us both to move toward thinking of food as fuel the majority of the time and only rarely viewing it as a special treat.

I have the following planned as a sort of "detox" plan to reset our tastebuds and get us used to eating as a necessity rather than for fun. We're shooting to eat this 6 days a week, with one looser day(prob. have eggs and tempeh for breakfast, possible leftovers for lunch) and up to 2 "cheat" meals per week although only from a list I've made of relatively healthy foods like sushi, salads, and entrees from health conscious restaurants.

Breakfast: Huel made with half Silk Protein Almond & Cashew Nutmilk and half water/ice.

Lunch: Salad w/ "bacon" tofu, black beans, half an avocado, and salsa OR

Salad w/ lemon pepper tofu, navy beans, half an avocado, and Newman's Own olive oil vinaigrette OR

Salad w/ spicy ginger tofu, kidney beans, kimchi, half an avocado, and Bragg's ginger and sesame dressing.

(Note: After lunch, take Deva vegan multivitamin)

Dinner: Cabbage, quinoa, and potato soup w/dollop of unsweetened coconut yogurt and w/ one slice of seeded bread.

Snack Options: Hummus with Super Seed crackers and/or veg(broccoli/baby carrots), fruit(berries, apples, clementines), pickles w/probiotics, 80% dark chocolate(more of an evening treat type thing), pistachios, almonds.

So you can see I did create some variation with the salads which I think will be my saving grace. But they basically consist of the same things and will be SUPER quick and easy to prep. I'm pretty excited to start this tomorrow, my bf and I have had it with constantly feeling like shit because we eat like shit lol. It'll be nice to be a bit thinner when we move into the new place too, it'll be starting things off on a good foot.

Has anyone else attempted to eat the same meals every day as a weight loss method? How has that worked for you? What do you eat?

submitted by /u/FuckNugget9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2vsTKXK

No comments:

Post a Comment