Monday, April 29, 2019

My mom hates my fitness journey.

Hey all, I’m an 18M at 5’10” soon-to-be college kid who’s been bullied for all of my life because of my weight. Usually it’s small teasing, nothing majorly crushing, but it’s severely impacted the way that I see myself in the mirror and in pictures. On March 12th of this year I decided to lose weight and finally get to where I want to be in terms of both looks and health. I excitedly told my mom, hoping she would support me and want to help me with the basics like counting the calories that she cooks, but the opposite happened: she threw a fit and told me that I look fine, that I don’t need to worry about what others think, and that if I keep bothering her about it she’ll have to take me to a doctor about a possible eating disorder. What do I do? I’ve tried showing her my research and explaining to her the process and my goals, but she won’t have any of it. My friends are also limited in supporting me, saying that “doing a calorie deficit is just advanced starvation” and the like. I’m not going to stop, because this is my journey and my body and I’m handling my weight loss safely (down 10 pounds in around 2 months at around an 800 kcal deficit!) but I’m having a hard time with even mentioning food around her. Is there any way to help her listen to me without blowing up, or should I suffer through the summer until I move into college in August?

submitted by /u/Serebii123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Wm9TtG

No comments:

Post a Comment