Monday, April 29, 2019

Having a hard time watching those around me struggle after 45 pound weight loss. (F 5'5" SW 181 CW 135 GW 121)

So I have lost 45 pounds in a relatively short time frame (October 2018 to now) and I feel like people are really starting to notice which leads to them asking me how I did it. I tell them honestly: first 30 pounds were diet control onlyish (1200-1500 cal a day on MFP with a step goal of 10,000 on my Fitbit), and then I added cardio and light weightlifting recently (when I started exercising I upped my calories to 1500-1800).

However this has led to a few of them getting defensive, such as my boss who initially started around the same time as I did, but she used an MLM (multi-level marketing company). She only lost five pounds. It makes me sad now when she tells me that although I look great my method will never work for her.

Or my art teacher who told me (tmi by the way) that my method would not work for her because she's going into menopause.

Or my coworker who looks to me for reassurance that she has been in a plateau for four months, not overeating.

It makes me feel bad because it was never my goal to make anyone insecure. I just wanted to be healthier. I don't want to be a reminder to anyone of their failures. It makes me feel a bit guilty.

Does anyone else feel like this or had any experiences like this? I wish it would make me mad(at their excuses) but it only makes me sad that they feel bad about their bodies...

submitted by /u/DemolishedByNeglect
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DI6mim

No comments:

Post a Comment