Thursday, April 25, 2019

Transformation Tuesday–Reminder before you compare

 

transformation Tuesday Instagram

Reminder: My transformation took years. Remember that before you compare yourself to me or anyone else.

I started running 10 years ago.

It took me YEARS to lose weight, get faster and grow RunEatRepeat.com into a full time business.

And I’m really grateful it wasn’t fast or easy for me.
I didn’t run one kinda rough marathon – then hit a 3:20 the next time.
The weight didn’t fall off easily.

I was still heavy and slow… while it seemed like others lost weight and hit crazy fast PRs.

But I kept going –
not because it was helping me lose weight…
not because I was getting faster…
not because it was easy…

I kept going because I love the way it made me feel physically and mentally.
I enjoy the tired, but accomplished feeling after a hard run.
I look forward to my long run – knowing I can get in the zone and don’t have to worry that I should be doing something else.
I was proud of myself because this was hard – but I was able to do it.

And the fact that it’s hard for me means I can relate if it’s hard for you.

If you’ve struggled with your weight, getting faster, feeling like you belong, being self-conscious, building up to a bigger distance… I GET YOU.

You’re not alone. There are a lot of us out there! Join the club. Seriously, it’s called Team Run Eat Repeat and you’re welcome here no matter your size, speed, age or how many toenails ya have.

Keep going.
Love, Monica

[ Check in on @RunEatRepeat Instagram ]

The post Transformation Tuesday–Reminder before you compare appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



from Run Eat Repeat http://bit.ly/2V1kj5L

No comments:

Post a Comment