Thursday, April 25, 2019

How to find new motivation to get back on track after on and off dieting starting at an early age?

Some background info: I started my weight loss journey when I was 13, which may be a bit controversial to be dieting that young, but I was overweight and needed to make a change. Long story short, I’m 16 now and have been on and off dieting since. My weight has been up and down, but by December of 2017, I had lost 40 pounds. Another 15 and I would have finally been at my goal weight. But I gained 10 pounds during the holidays and maintained it for a year. I was constantly trying to lose it, but was never able to stick to it long enough. It was fine though, because I was at a healthy weight and in good physical shape, exercising frequently. It all truly went downhill starting around November of 2018. Since then, I have gained another 15 pounds. I am devastated that I gained back 25 of the 40 pounds I lost. My diet is poor, I eat way too much and I haven’t been to the gym in who knows how long. Fitness made up so much of my identity, and now I feel like I can’t find it again. I feel uncomfortable and awful about my body right now and for some reason I can’t even stick to a new healthy eating plan for a day. Its like I don’t even have any willpower or motivation left. I feel mentally burnt out after years of constant calorie restriction. I haven’t had a period of time where I wasn’t on a diet/planning to start a diet in so long. I was hoping some of you may have some advice. Or maybe some tips on how to make revamping my journey easier. I just want to be myself again, and finally reach my goal weight.

Note: I thought it’s important I add that though I may have developed some unhealthy thoughts/behaviors with food, I never went to extremely unhealthy measures to lose weight.

submitted by /u/XTMEX
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2XGooJe

No comments:

Post a Comment