Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Sustainable Weight Loss

SW: 262 CW: 252 GW: 175 Age: 29 Sex: Male

Hello all, I am looking for some guidance or advice. Having failed or relapsed at my other weight loss attempts, I want to try and be smart about this process. I started 10 days ago. I am doing a 16:8 intermittent fasting schedule, as well as tracking calories in MFP. My BMR/TDEE are around 2,400 calories, and I have been attempting to be active everyday (weight training, gym cardio, or at least a walk after dinner). I have been consuming ~1,400-1,800 calories a day, while buring ~800 active calories as per my Apple Watch.

I believe I have a good plan in place, and am highly focused and motivated to get fit and healthy. I have two key questions:

  1. Is my caloric deficit too low? I've read conflicting information online, but as of now, my stance is that I have so much fat reserves on my body that this will not be an issue. Also, I am weight training a bit and attempting to get close to 100-130 G protein a day to help at least maintain muscle mass to help keep my metabolism up.
  2. Whenever I do get to my goal (assuming this current regimen gets me there), what can I do to minimize/eliminate any Yo-Yo effect? Is there anything I can implement now to help with that? I realize with my reduce caloric intake, that if I revert back to what I was doing before, I will surely gain weight. But if I consume whatever my BMR is at that juncture, even if it is higher than what I am consuming now, will that result in maintenance or weight gain?

TL:DR In the process of lossing weight using a combination of intermittent fasting + CICO + Basic gym activity, want to know if my caloric deficit is too low and could have adverse affects, either during my weight loss, or once I reach my goal.

Thanks to everyone who posts on this sub and some of the other subs revolving around health and fitness. You guys rock and are a huge part of my current motivation to get healthy and fit!

submitted by /u/Padaliac513
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Vuafl9

No comments:

Post a Comment