Sunday, April 28, 2019

Starting slow, possible water retention, and needing encouragement in the beginning!

Posting here to keep myself on track despite some uncomfortable feelings!

So I'm not new to knowing how to lose weight but had some weight gain as a result of some medical and life stuff come up a couple years ago. Right now I'm planning to lose about 25lbs to start to return to the weight i had been maintaining with little/no effort for several years. I've been maintaining this current weight I'm at now for about two years and now am planning to start losing weight. I don't do well with a huge change all at once and one of my biggest issues has been chronic dehydration, obviously counterproductive to weight loss and overall health.

Right now my goal is to drink a ton of water and make that a habit, as well as track what I'm eating to get a sense of it. So because there's never a good time to start, I decided to start drinking a ton of water while I'm visiting my mom in FL as it felt natural. I'm 5'8", 196ish at the moment, and I'm planning to start IF at 16:8 and CICO with 1700cal and I'm not worried about that working for me. I also plan to drink halfy bodyweight in ounces of water each day. I live in a huge city and walk everywhere, walk my dog, take the subway, etc so naturally this calorie cut will result in weight loss.

The problem is that since I've been drinking a lot of water while I'm here (and planning to at home too) I'm definitely experiencing what I think is water retention. Mentally I know if I keep drinking water it will stop/help with weight loss, but right now I physically feel kind of bloated and insecure as I think I look like I've gained weight in the mirror and feel that way too. I normally live in the North East so this is a heat and humidity change but is this normal at the start of things? Will I stay feeling this "swollen"?

TL;DR: If someone could explain the science of how water retention when you're starting out works, and how it helps with reducing weight, etc., I think this would help me a lot!!! thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/idontknowher86
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2IM5cq1

No comments:

Post a Comment