Monday, April 29, 2019

Loose skin post weight loss

Some of you have been following my weight loss over the past two years. I am nearing the end of my weight loss goals. Originally I wanted to get to 250, then 200 and now I set the goal to 190. From looking at other people who have had skin removal surgery and the weight of their skin, my loose skin is probably about 20-30lbs. I have loose skin, everywhere! Neck, arms, thighs, calves, stomach, chest, back, and butt area. I did finally meet up with my PCP who recommended a few plastic surgeons that would be able to look at my skin and fight for insurance approval.

One of my problems with loose skin is my water retention. If I eat anything really salty I will gain a few pounds the next day. To give an idea over Easter I gained 10 lbs, yet I was under my calorie goal for the day. When I travel (fly), I typically gain 20-30 lbs of water weight. Those of you with loose skin, how do you combat this? I drink over a gallon of water a day but its really annoying to have my weight fluctuate that much.

I have a few areas that sweat is pooling and it does cause me to get rubbed raw and hurt. Currently I have to sleep on my side because where my butt crack starts all my sweat pools there and its gotten rather raw and it hurts to lay on my back. At the gym I run on the treadmill but the loose skin on my chest gets painful from all the running, I do wear compression shirts and pants but I don't think they were designed to hold back that much loose skin.

How many of you have had skin removal surgery? and do you regret it? Honestly the surgery scares me because its not exactly getting my tonsils out and its a serious surgery...but I feel like if I dont get the skin removed I am going to develop more and more issues with the skin.

Also, does anyone know of a subreddit where people talk about these kind of issues? I feel like this community is more about losing weight and my issues are more post weight loss.

submitted by /u/snkeolr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GSpCf1

No comments:

Post a Comment