Thursday, April 25, 2019

NSV: I've started getting compliments again!!

SW: 196 CW:189 GW:135

Things have been rough for me the last couple of years, and I went from around 150lb to almost 200. It crept on and I was in denial I guess, I didn't notice for a long time how much I'd gained, and I didn't notice that I had just stopped receiving compliments all together.

So it was mind-blowing to me when I went in for an exam yesterday and had THREE SEPERATE FRIENDS all tell me I was looking great!! I've only lost half a stone so far and even I don't see it yet, I don't think it's the weight loss so much as the complete change in demeanor this lifestyle change has given me. For the last two years I've been slowly shrinking into myself, smiling less, hiding in baggy clothes, spending less and less time on my appearance. I stopped wearing makeup, stopped styling my hair, buying new clothes. In the last three weeks of meal planning and calorie counting, I've felt myself snap out of 90% of it! I've had my hair done, bought some clothes, been wearing makeup and doing my old skincare routine and I feel SO GOOD. I've even started reducing my antidepressant dose (with the advice of my doctor!) I'm holding my head higher, smiling more, making eye contact- and people are noticing.

I can't believe the difference three weeks of this journey has made to my whole life, and I just wanted to share in case anyone is, like I was, completely daunted by the idea of a journey lasting years and a lifelong change in diet and habits - it really doesn't take long to feel some results! Thank you r/loseit, you've already made a huge difference for me

submitted by /u/noblankspace
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2PvOQ5i

No comments:

Post a Comment