Saturday, September 28, 2019

An backhanded insult that kicked me into high gear

I'm a male grad student 215lb, 6'0" at an American University, and I had been losing weight slowly. Recently I had been stuck on a plateau at 220. I was okay with it and knew if I kept improving it would pass.

However, one day a group of people were hanging out with a flat mate. They assumed I was gone and were talking about me. The girls all agreed that I had a "cute face", and that it was easily a 9/10. But..... because I was fat, I was a 3/10.

I'll admit it sucked to hear that, and it really crushed me. I had always known that my weight created biases against me. I fought those biases to get into grad school, and I fight them when I assist in teaching classes. But to hear people talk so brutally and honestly stung.

After really thinking about this, I realized that what hurt the most is that internally i felt the same way, and hearing someone say that really sucked. I decided to kick my weight loss into high gear and eat cleaner and workout more.

All in all though, it showed me who I can and can't trust within that group, and I'm glad I found some more motivation during a hard plateau.

submitted by /u/OverworldGamer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ohA9tl

No comments:

Post a Comment