Friday, September 27, 2019

Motivation Suggestions?

Hi all, first time posting here, but not my first time trying to lose weight. I am looking for some advice on how to stay motivated for something as long term and as personal as weight loss.

I'm not particularly overweight, but I'd like to lose about 30 lbs to really feel confident and healthy, and to build good habits that I can use as I get older. When I start dieting, usually what happens is I'll be good for a solid week, then be less consistent the following week, and so on and so forth. I've never lost more than 5 lbs while dieting because I taper off and go back to my usual habits.

The thing that gets me is that I know I'm capable of really buckling down and putting the work into something if I need to. This past year was the most self-disciplined year of my life (so far), as I was studying for the MCAT and applying to schools. What kept me going every day was that I could visualize the impact my work would have on my future and my career. For weight loss, I don't have that same clear picture keeping me going.

Has anyone experienced the same issue? If so, what ultimately kept you going? I'd love to hear any practical advice and tips you have to offer.

Tl;dr: I know I am capable of working hard for long periods of time, but I don't have the motivation to do it for weight loss. Help?

submitted by /u/cactusjuuce
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mab96G

No comments:

Post a Comment