Monday, September 30, 2019

Finally down to my high school weight!

Some quick stats: 22yr old 5ft female SW: 175/180 CW:140 UGW: 120


Weighed in yesterday at 140lbs! I'm a recent college grad and current grad student so I'm very happy I've been able to hit this milestone with everything going on. I started this journey around the start of February at 175/180lbs so I've lost 35lbs so far. Most of the weight loss was fueled by cooking my own meals and CICO, along with exercise. Looking back, most of the weight gain came from dining hall food (impossible to count calories when you're not cooking your own food and not at a place with calorie counts) as well as some relationship weight and just the college lifestyle in general. Still have 20lbs to go but happy I’m rid of the bulk of the weight.

Though now that I'm a broke grad student, I don't have the money for a gym (that's a lot of grocery money) so I started walking more on campus rather than taking the campus shuttle. And after seeing keto mentioned so much on here and other forums I'm in, I decided to start transitioning towards it. For the past 2-4 weeks, I've lowered my carb intake. Haven't been eating carbs with meals but I do sometimes have carbs in snacks. Honestly after counting my net carbs (since keto is <50) and realizing how the carbs in everyday foods add up, I'm not sure if I'll still try to go full keto but I do enjoy being low carb. I feel that it's definitely part of what's driven my weight loss the past 2 months (9lbs!) and I feel like I have more energy when I have less carbs. Following keto recipe blogs on insta has definitely inspired me to try fun new recipes and stay low carb. And my Fitbit helps me a lot with CICO and staying accountable cuz if I have a bad week, I can look back at how well (or not so well) I ate that week. Lurking on forums and posting once I’ve hit a milestone also helps me stay motivated as well.

What motivated me to finally lose the weight was the desire to finally have a body I could actually be happy with, make sure I don't become a diabetic, increase my dating pool (I was single for the first time in 2 years), and lose weight so that I'd have a better chance to qualify for a breast reduction.

Definitely starting to be happier with my body, though I still see the fat there and know I’ll be happier once I have a flat tummy and less fat rolls on my back. Some downsides have been my boobs getting saggier as I lose the weight (went from a 38G to a 38DDD/E). So they’re def still too big for my frame but look a little better in clothing. Another downside is clothing getting looser not that soon after I buy it since I’m actively losing weight. Trying to balance wanting to look cute without spending too much on clothes that might be too baggy after I lose 20lbs.

There’s little things that show me I’ve gotten healthier. First was the lightening of my neck. For many POC, you can develop “dark neck” (Acanthosis nigricans) once you enter pre-diabetes territory. About 10-15lbs ago, I noticed my neck was getting lighter, which was a relief. Then about 5lbs after that, I also noticed a light line on my neck cuz the skin wasn’t folded over like it had been in years so it was finally able to see the world😂 Last week, I also noticed that my dimples have come back. Forgot I even had dimples since I’ve been overweight for most of college and they disappeared soon after I started. Also noticed my collarbones and wristbands starting to show like they used to. Of course there’s the big things too, like not getting out of breath when walking up hills on campus. That’s a pretty good feeling.

For anyone on the start of your journey, I encourage you to keep pushing! It won’t be easy and I tried losing weight a lot of times before this. But this time was different because I actually stuck with it long enough to see results. I think we get pretty discouraged when we don’t see results right away but weight that takes years to put on is usually going to take at least 6 months to get off. And it’ll all be worth it in the end

Progress pic I took yesterday https://imgur.com/46CpDwx

submitted by /u/KittyMinty
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2n5UD8e

No comments:

Post a Comment