Thursday, September 26, 2019

What is the minimum amount of calories I can eat to healthly and steadily lose weight as fast as possible?

Some info about me:

  • 26 years old.

  • 5'11" 3/4.

  • 349.4 lbs.

  • Sedentary lifestyle outside of work.

  • Store Associate at Dollar General, work 3 days a week, about 5 to 7 hours a day. Cashier plus stocking, good bit of movement and pace, but not excessively so. My feet hurt a lot.

  • 1992 BMR.

Backstory:


I started my weight loss around 3 to 4 months ago. The trigger happened when I bought myself a Juul.

Before then, I had tried and failed numerous times to diet, often ending up worse off. With some deep depression, the circle of weight gain into depression into weight gain hit a peak. I've always been a heavy guy, with a heavy family, in a heavy state, in a heavy country, and man do I love Pizza.

But after reading up on nicotine, vaping and a damn good deal on the cool kids' Juul, I gave it a shot. It didn't take long for the addiction and dependance to kick in and thoroughly enjoy my new toy, and I realize this probably sounds bad in most contexts and to most people reading this, please don't do this(!). However, it really helped me in a lot of ways. It reduced my lethargy, muted the extreme depressive lows, raised my confidence mildly and -- most importantly and relevantly -- drastically reduced my appetite. The vaping found it's way into my lifestyle, and, given how much it was helping me, I allowed it to happen despite knowing it takes it's own toll on my overall health. My internal justification was that no doctor in the world would tell me no nicotine and 400 lbs is better than nicotine and immediate and consistent weight loss, given that is by far the largest threat to my health right now.

And so here I am. I've lost a great deal of weight, and the ability to control cravings and my endless hunger empowered me to actually get a scale, count calories and get going. Before the vape, I was likely more than 400 lbs. When I got the scale, I clocked in at 388.9. This was after a period in which I ate absolutely nothing some days, because I didn't care to. I currently sit at just under 350 lbs using MFP, and have little trouble hitting the caloric intake goals without really changing what foods I eat -- just eating less a lot less of them. Because weight is such a burden in my life and I traded a nicotine addiction for this, it has become of paramount importance and the end calorie goal of MFP is carefully hit with little over or under, for about 2 months now.


MFP currently has my calorie intake at 2300 with the lowest activity selected, with a goal weight of 220 lbs. I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+, and a RENPHO bluetooth scale + app.

This brings me to the title question of this post. Given my relative ease of hitting the goal, and how important I have made it, I want to lose weight as fast as possible, without doing it in an unhealthy or unsustainable way. I am wondering if it is possible to go under that 2300 at all? Perhaps eat 2000 on non-work days and still gun for 2300 on the work days? Or start wrestling with actually managing macros, which sounds pretty tough considering what I have access to at the moment and what I like (pizza, microwavables, lunchables, relatively unhealthy shit). I'd love to see even faster results, although the path that I am on is still yielding enough to keep me motivated (wow my pants are so roomy now!). Is there anymore I can do at this point?

submitted by /u/icysuspect
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ljJ4t9

No comments:

Post a Comment