Saturday, September 28, 2019

How to deal with comments on weight loss?

I've nearly reached my goal and have lost nearly half my body weight. I'm pretty lean now and plan to see how far I can take it. I work out a lot and calorie count during the week then more relaxed at weekends.

My change has been so drastic I'm not mad at people commenting. My go to phrase when people talk about my weight loss is to say 'thank you, I appreciate that, it's all coming together really well now'.

Something that I have noticed is people will comment then say something negative about their own weight. I try to stick to 'don't be silly you've always looked amazing' or something similar.

I guess being newly lean I'm not quite comfortable with how to react yet. I don't want anyone to feel bad about themselves and I often use this conversation to ask about their training, eating etc to be supportive and offer advice if I can.

Just wondering if anyone has any standard answers they use when people are negative about themselves! Or commenting on weight loss in general.

submitted by /u/dizzydiplodocus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lS5B0g

No comments:

Post a Comment