Thursday, September 26, 2019

Weight maintenance and the mental struggle that follows weight loss

In the last 12 months, I've lost just over 30kg (66lbs). It's about my 5th time losing weight and the second time I've lost more than 25kg in a go. Everytime I hit some sort of goal, stop tracking cals and slowly the weight comes back on. This time I feel I'm determined to keep it off as I don't want to face the struggle of living at such a high weight again (for reference, I was 172kg! 6'5).

I cannot keep tracking every day as it puts me into a mentally bad space and I start over restriction on calorie dense foods. I know I have some sort of eating disorder relating to binge eating and also struggle with hiding food (i.e. eating calorie dense foods away from other people, in particular my family, and not telling them about it).

I am planning on seeking professional mental health help to combat these problems but it comes at a fairly high cost which I need to continue to save for before doing my first session.

So what I'm asking for is coping strategies that people have successfully implemented in the past which has helped to overcome a period of weight gain, post weight loss.

Any advice will be very appreciated and will be used in conjunction with the professional advice I seek in the near future.

submitted by /u/livewithoutlies
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2n8xhhC

No comments:

Post a Comment