Sunday, September 29, 2019

Shout out to my Mom's Best Friend.

My mother's best friend had been clearly obese for most of her adult life. She's a lovely woman, but like all of us, she has been held back by her weight. In the past year her husband died of cancer and her mother also passed away more recently.

Shortly after her mother's death, her uncle sent her a horrible letter under the guise that he cared about her obesity. In the letter he shamed her about her weight and said many other terrible things to her.

Instead of letting her uncle's words keep her down, my mom's friend decided to take her health into her own hands. She is in her mid 60's and has lost about 20 pounds now in the past couple months. This is great progress, and my family definitely noticed last time we saw her.

She recently told my mother that she visited her Aunt and Uncle, and her uncle decided to shame her face to face. She told them about her weight loss and her Uncle responded by saying he barely noticed anything and she must have 'lost 3 pounds at best'. Luckily her Aunt came to her defense and according to her the Aunt 'ripped her uncle a new one's and he was forced to apologize.

My mom's friend is still steadfast with her weight loss despite her Uncle's attacks, which I find to be very inspiring to my own weight loss. Just wanted to share this story and say that you all should believe in yourself no matter how much others might want to tear you down.

submitted by /u/EthanLosesIt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mPQrJm

No comments:

Post a Comment