Thursday, September 26, 2019

One For the CICO Naysayers

I'm sure we've all heard stuff like this:

  • Calories in vs Calories out is an oversimplification.
  • It's an outdated way of thinking. It doesn't work like that in real life.
  • Just cut out sugar/carbs/eat one meal a day/fast/don't eat after 7pm

The list could go on and on, and on. Now I'm not saying that some of those strategies can't assist us in our weight loss journey- they can. But in terms of weight control CICO always takes precedence.

Don't believe me? I eat sugar. I eat carbs. I eat a bunch of times each day and I eat at least half of my daily intake between dinner and bed time. My weight loss has been predictable- controllable, almost as if there was a knob to do so at will for the last two and a half years. And I've tracked- daily. Every scale weight, every calorie in meticulously tracked and the correlation between body weight and CICO is undeniable.

Check out my last few months here. See how each bump in intake corresponds with a bump in weight? See how the trends in the rises and falls match? Best of all- take a look at that massive intake spike in mid-august when I went to an all-you-can-eat Korean bbq place, and definitely ate all I could! There's the spike in weight, and back down again when I got back on track.

I know many of you are believers already in the science of CICO- this post is for anyone who's still not sure if CICO works, and one you're welcome to share with those who say it doesn't. Best of luck to all of you!

submitted by /u/LurG1975
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lmReAR

No comments:

Post a Comment