Saturday, September 28, 2019

Struggling on weight loss journey. Can anyone advise?

Apologies for the long post but this thread has helped me so much on my journey so far. I’m looking for some insight and I want to provide all the details.

I’m a 24 yr old female and 5’7”. I’ve always been thin but never active. In high school/college, I never thought about what I ate or exercised/played sports. I was “skinny fat”. I averaged between 130 lb - 133 lb. About 2 years ago, I started steadily putting on weight. Eating whatever I wanted and not exercising didn’t work in the real world the way it did in college. By summer 2018, I was the heaviest I’d ever been (+20 lb in 1 year). I focused for a little bit and lost about 8 lb pretty quickly and then stopped.

In the beginning of 2019, I got serious. I lowered my overall daily calorie intake to 1000/day, I did intensive cardio/strength training 5 days a week, and I drank at least 100 oz of water a day. The results at first were quick and amazing and I dropped back down to 131 lb. Then I plateaued for about 3 months. I was very frustrated but I kept doing what I was doing because I didn’t know what else to do. Finally, at the beginning of the summer, the rest of the weight came off and I hit my goal weight of 127.5 lb, sometimes dropping as low as 126 lb.

Unfortunately, I didn’t find maintenance to be very easy and let myself cheat too much. I’ve regained about 5 lb and am back up to 132 lb. I’m trying very hard to lose it again. I know that 5 lb is no big deal but it’s hard to feel like you’re lesser than you once we’re and I definitely feel it in my clothes. I’m eating 1100-1200 calories daily, doing cardio/strength training 5x/week, and Pilates 2x/week. I’m not seeing results at all. My weight is totally stagnant. Ive incorporated one cheat meal a week because it’s the only thing that keeps me sane but I experience very real food guilt after. My question is have I messed up my metabolism? Someone eating at my caloric level should be losing weight.

Sorry for the long post - any advice would be great!!

submitted by /u/wanttobefit12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2nrLsi3

No comments:

Post a Comment