Saturday, September 28, 2019

Dealing with weekly weight fluctuations - demoralised

So I’m looking for some advice on not getting demoralised during weight loss...

I’ve been on a journey now since June and in total would say I have lost 10/11lbs, it’s been very slow because my focus has been on incorporating exercise and frankly because I just knew I couldn’t stick to large deficit. So far I have accepted that, but for the month of September I decided I wanted to accelerate things and set myself a little challenge of speeding up the weight loss and dropping 5lbs as opposed to my usual three I’m currently averaging a month.

I was well on track and really thought I’d meet it, however this week I started with a pretty hefty dinner for a friends birthday and a body pump class which left me to retaining a lot of water weight with incredibly bad DOMS (I usually find my weight goes up for a few days then) I know this was basically an act of self sabotage, so when I jumped on the scale this morning for what will be my last weigh in this month, I was still gutted to discover I’ve gained 2lbs. I weigh myself daily and the scale has gone up this week everyday bar one where it went down by 1lbs, usually it fluctuates 2-3lbs, I then record my weight on the Saturday.

So I know this increase was due to my own fault, but I can’t help but feel demoralised that one bad week has made me gain 2lbs. Part of me is convinced it’s water weight fluctuations, but because I’ve been doing this so long and it’s become so important to me the slightest fluctuation now sends me over the edge. I’m convinced it will drop back down when I get back on track this week, but I have this weird fear that it won’t.

TL;DR: had a bad week, how do people deal with the scales being all over the place when dieting and a weekly increase in weight?

submitted by /u/Tildatots
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ntZxvh

No comments:

Post a Comment