Friday, September 27, 2019

F/5'5"/24/SW:270 - I began my weight loss journey at the beginning of September and I'm down 13lb this month!

This is my first-time post in r/loseit! Long story short, I woke up in very early September this month and decided to make a change in my lifestyle because my self-image has been crumbling, and I don't feel well physically. I was VERY sedentary, especially considering I work a 9-5 office job. My starting weight at that time was 270.5. Thanks to CICO, my Fitbit, the local YMCA, and getting a minimum of 45 minutes of exercise 6-7 days a week, I have been able to lose about 13lb and I am now down to 257.8! I already feel lighter and more agile. On top of that, I don't wake up with aches and pains as much as I used to a few weeks ago. My initial goal weight is 170lb, which would be a 100lb weight loss. After that, I would like to get down to my ideal weight which is about 130lb. It's a long road, but I'm really happy with the effort I've put into it so far, and with the help and support of this sub, I have no doubt I can do it.

Here's what I have been doing that is working pretty well for me:

  • I am only eating 1200-1300 calories a day. On weekends I'm more lenient and get up to about 1500 or 1600, sometimes a little bit higher.
  • At least twice a week I go to the Y and swim for an hour, getting in around 200-400 meters each time. All other days I either walk my dog around the neighborhood for a total of 1 to 2.5 miles, or I do 30 min on the treadmill and then 30 min weightlifting at the Y.
  • I burn about 2700-3600 calories a day depending on my activity, so most days I have a deficit of around 1800 calories.
submitted by /u/zapekko
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2miO41x

No comments:

Post a Comment