Saturday, September 28, 2019

Is losing weight slowly a sign that the weight loss is sustainable or am I deluding myself?

I'm maintaining a fairly small calorie deficit and losing about 1/3 to 1/2 a pound a week. The calorie deficit is small because I cancel out about half of my daily calorie deficit with a once weekly cheat day.

On one hand, with the cheat day (which I sometimes save for special events) the current calorie amount doesn't feel like a huge sacrifice, just an increase in being careful. So maybe that means the weight I lose will stay off? Because I'll have an easier time not going back to an unhealthy lifestyle after?

On the other hand, maybe I should actually be more serious about this and the slowness means I'm not being serious enough. With the cheat day, I'm still making food a major source of pleasure in my life and maybe I shouldn't be doing that? I'm not sure.

Anyone experienced something similar and have any thoughts? Did losing weight more slowly help you keep it off?

submitted by /u/ErinFlight
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2o9SisO

No comments:

Post a Comment