Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Can I have some help with "getting back on the wagon?"

I think that's what it's called, anyway. Obligatory mobile formatting apology.

A little bit of backstory, I learned all about the magic of CICO about six months ago, in March. I was able to track the calories for about three months after, losing approximately 30lbs (go me!) but I slowly fell away from counting because of how tedious I found it. It's so annoying having to search foods and make a recipe when I eat something complicated and it's just a big chore, which only gets harder on stressful days.

So, three months after that, it's September. There's only three more months left to the year (two, because there's less than a week left to this one) and I'm maintaining, thankfully. Only problem is, I'm still about 125 lbs away from a healthy weight. Oops.

Quick shout-out to me though, I haven't gained much weight during those three months of carelessness! Yay! My last weigh-in had me at 250, but that's probably not accurate, there's no way I lost weight. I still eat garbage quite often, but I'm more aware of it, I guess? But I'm short and female so my TDEE is irritatingly low. (2300 or so, if I remember correctly. Not that low but when you're trying to lose 2lbs weekly it gets rough.)

So when tracking is a chore, and "intuitive eating" isn't an option, how do I lose weight? I'm concerned about my health, mentally and physically. I guess not that much otherwise I wouldn't need to make this post. I appreciate you reading, by the way. I think I already know the answer to my question, which is something like, "Get up off your lazy arse and do it already!" But I keep trying to log but I can't seem to do it. Lose It! sent me a notification earlier that said, "Okay, we get it. Seems like you don't want to track your food right now. That's fine." And it broke my heart. Here's this honest weight loss app trying it's best to encourage and help me and I'm ignoring it.

I'm sorry for the long post. But if you're still reading, would you mind sharing a tip or two? Something to make tracking easier or ways to trick myself into doing it? Anything will help, probably.

Oh, and I guess I should have put in my stats. It makes me uncomfortable to write them, but so does weighing myself and touching bugs, so whatever. 14F/CW:250lbs/SW:291/5'3"/ (CW may not be accurate, will double check when I get the chance)

Thank you!

submitted by /u/ohnomybonesfellout
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mR3idS

No comments:

Post a Comment