Thursday, September 26, 2019

[Day 1] The Great Soda Battle

I've been lurking for a few days, reading and feeling inspired by the fantastic folks in this group. Today is the day, today I'm taking me back. For so many years soda, Dr. Pepper almost exclusively, has been my crutch, my go to when I'm stressed out. I've known it for a few years now, tried booting the habit many times and failing miserably. This time I want to succeed, I know it's gonna be hard and the headaches are going to be miserable but I need to push through it. I'm hopefully cutting soda out and then increasing exercise and eating better will tie into weight loss (33/F/cw:190 something).

I've redownloaded LoseIt to facilitate food logging, even signed up for premium to link my fitbit to it. Tonight I'm dusting off the scale and putting fresh batteries in it so I can weigh myself tomorrow morning to figure out how much I need to lose. I think Fridays will be my official weight in day. I've been mapping this out in my head for a week or so, wiggling myself down to a single 12oz can of soda in the AM this week and making myself take the stairs to the office every morning as well. Tomorrow I'm going to park further back so i have to walk farther then climb stairs.

So here's where my problem lie, my sweet tooth is fierce. Cookies, chocolate, soda, overly sweetening my black tea... yup all favorites of mine. Any tips or advice for over coming this? I'm planning on purging our pantry tonight to help in my goals and free up space for healthier snacks. I could really use advice on battling the withdrawal headaches I'm going to get as i cut out soda next week. I realize i have no self control with the soda so any further tappering is just going to leave me the option to splurge so once the last of this case is empty I'm done.

Yes I know everything in steps. It took me years of using food as a relief from stress to get this high and it'll take time to lose it but I think I'm mentally there. I'm tired of being tired, I'm fed up with how I look, and I'm sick of having no endurance whatsoever. So yeah, Hi, I'm Echobase86 and this is the start of my journey. Wish me luck.

submitted by /u/Echobase86
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mPPC39

No comments:

Post a Comment