Sunday, September 29, 2019

My mom actually noticed my weight loss

Hi loseit!

I've been a lurker for a long time. I've never actually posted before, but after I spent the evening with my mom I just had to share how great I feel!

Some background: I'm 29F, 5'3", currently 226 pounds. Like so many other people, I've always been overweight. Sometime around third grade I started gaining and I eventually reached my heaviest at 266 pounds in April of this year, which is when I decided I couldn't continue pigging out on take out and munchies.

My mom has always been either underweight or a healthy weight. I remember her giving me lectures about my weight when I was a preteen, and all those lectures did was make me feel horrible. My mom and I have always been close, don't get me wrong, and when I was an adult I found out a lot of those lectures stemmed from family pressure by one of my aunts. My mom's never been one to really compliment me on how I look until I was an adult, and I always took her compliments with a grain of salt. (I mean, she's 5'4" and fluctuates around 115-120. Why would she compliment me when I was twice her size?)

Well today, I was visiting her, we were standing and talking when she suddenly just stopped and was just staring in shock. When I asked her what was wrong, she said "I just noticed, you've lost so much weight!! You can really tell!" I've never felt happier! This was the first time someone other than my partner has noticed my weight loss and said something! And I really needed it this month, as I had a bad couple of weeks struggling with binge eating (which I'm starting to get a handle on I think). It just gave me the motivation to really continue on my journey!

That's really all I had to say! I was just so happy lol I'm excited to start going to the gym soon (I'm buying a membership this week on payday), but I'm also nervous to go into the gym to workout. If anyone has tips to get past the anxiety, I'd appreciate it!

submitted by /u/vibraniumvibes
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2meNPog

No comments:

Post a Comment