Saturday, September 28, 2019

I finally left obesity and am now overweight!

24 M, 6'0, SW: 293, CW: 220, GW: Onederland

I was in bad shape last December and was scared when my XL shirts were not fitting me anymore and my size 40 stretch pants were getting tight. Since January I started my weight loss little by little and ensuring a sustainable way of weight loss, since I lost 50 pounds in 2011 and gained it all back and then some in the years after, 223-ish to 170, then all the way to 293. The bulk of the weight loss was in a span of 2 months and I was eating unhealthy like 400 net calories after exercise, I was 16 that summer and didn't know better.

I first started this year by changing the way I look at food, and ate less and then on March, I started introducing consistent vigorous bike riding about 10-17 miles 3-6 times a week. My legs are starting to look toned so I want to keep at it since I view it as a sign of my hard work. I'm loosing almost exactly 10 pounds a month, eating maybe net 1200 calories, most days. My "cheat" days is just me eating 1800-2000 calories, pretty much close to my BMR, so on those days I feel full, but no damage done and it's really just me eating more of my regular food options, either cereal, little sandwiches, or homecooked meal like rice, beans, chicken.

Most definitely by december I will be down another 30 pounds, so little by little I'm getting there. I dont really post here or visit often, but I hope this can serve as motivation to at least one person. If I can give some advice, I would say to start slow, focus on your food intake, and then slowly add exercise. Don't do all at once and become obsessed with losing weight as fast as possible. These 9 months went by fast and I wasn't even thinking about a goal weight, just a lifestyle change.

(EDIT: I put my goal as "onederland" since I don't really care about a special number to hit, I just want to have a normal bmi)

submitted by /u/lorac94
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lYZdVe

No comments:

Post a Comment