Friday, September 27, 2019

[Rant] That annoying moment when you receive unsolicited weight loss advice.

Okay, so, I had one of those moments today, and the ridiculousness of the situation honestly kind of pissed me off, so I wanted to share here.

I was hanging out with my mom, along her friend and their daughter and niece, all adults. We were discussing random things here and there, and I get up for a moment to pour them all coffee and grab myself a diet soda. The moment I crack open the can, the daughter, who we'll call "C", called me out, saying how they are terrible for you. I told C I was drinking them to cut down on drinking my calories, to which she retorts, "I don't understand why you just don't drink water." Before long, I was being lectured by everyone in the circle about my diet choices.

Now, here's the thing, and I don't want to judge, but the situation seems unfair to me: C is 9 months pregnant, and she has smoked throughout her entire pregnancy and has even drank during most of it.

I can't help but feel like this is a big reason why I refuse to talk about my weight with people in my life and often try to not eat or drink around them.

I'd love to hear some relateable stories; I'm sure I'm not the only one who's had to deal with people giving unsolicited advice or criticisms of their lifestyle change.

submitted by /u/Irarhet
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2mlwF8l

No comments:

Post a Comment