Sunday, September 29, 2019

I'm 60 days into this, and I'm down 36 lbs from 400 lbs

https://imgur.com/a/uvWvfrn

Starting weight: 400 lbs. Current weight: 364 lbs.

I actually started the weight loss process on July 31st, but failed to take a picture on that date. Oops.

Just calorie restriction, light exercise, and university marching band. My diet is something that I constructed from the ground up. It's nothing fancy. I'm not giving up much aside from the junkiest of junk foods and soda. I figured that if I want something sustainable, I need to enjoy my diet. I'm just eating less than I used to.

Over a year ago, I was in a really bad place mentally. I would say that it was the lowest I've ever been in my entire life. So I did what made sense to me: I focused on my mental health. I spent the past year learning how to love myself, and how to accept myself as being enough. I learned how to stop moping around because I wasn't who I wanted to be. I think I'm in a good place now. Not perfect, but good.

I think for me, the process of weight loss had to start with rearranging my perspectives on life. I've made many attempts to lose weight in the past, and never before have I felt as determined, as optimistic, or as patient as I do right now. And seeing these small physical changes are helping to keep me that way.

I'm nowhere near my ultimate goal, but I'll do my very best to keep pushing.

Also I'm trying to grow out my hair until I'm at my goal weight of 180~ lbs. No reason in particular. Just seems like it'll be kind of fun.

submitted by /u/Jarmaw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2maEE8l

No comments:

Post a Comment