Sunday, September 29, 2019

Beginner CICO Question - Is it bad to eat below your recommended calorie intake?

Hey fellow losers!

So I got a pretty simple beginner question. I've been using CICO methods for about 3 weeks now, and I'm really enjoying it as I get the hang of it more and more. It takes way less food to fill me up, and I love going through each day knowing I'm satisfied off the new meals I've learned to prepare for myself. My question/situation is this:

Mostly every CICO calculator tells me to consume anywhere from 1,700 - 2,100 calories in order to consistently lose weight week by week. However, my diet on most days puts me at around 1,300 - 1,500 calories per day, and I'm completely satisfied with that, sometimes even less. For reference, I'm a 220 lb (it fluctuates one pound over or under usually every day) male with a height of 5'10". I first weighed in at around 231 lbs three to four weeks ago. I also go to the gym 4-5 times a week for some light cardio and weight lifting, and I make sure to eat maybe an extra 250 calories if I get hungrier on those days just to make sure I'm not running on empty. But still, it usually comes out to around 1,300 - 1,500 a day.

So basically, I can tell that my CICO strategy is definitely working in the weight loss aspect, I'm just wondering if there's any consequences to eating below your recommended calorie intake? Thanks for the help, I wouldn't have been able to get started without this community.

submitted by /u/ThinboyBulk324
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2nKBSH5

No comments:

Post a Comment