Monday, September 30, 2019

Tasted blood after a run, but I’m not giving up

I’ve been running on the treadmill to lose weight, but I really wasn’t loosing much. Then I cheered on my friend who completed a half iron man. He’s in the best shape of his life and I don’t want to do triathlons but I just want a little taste of that life so much. Not just for weight loss but the comradery, everyone wanted everyone to make it. ...And also how impressed I was by everyone’s bodies. All sorts of bodies and shapes and ages and abilities but they all looked fit and they all were accomplishing something special to them. So I know that’s never going to happen on the treadmill, it’s just not the same as hitting the pavement physically or mentally. So I started a running/fitness schedule and I joined a run club because I’ve started up and eventually quit running so many times I need some accountability, from real people not just from myself. I was so nervous about run club. They were all so fit, they all looked so good, they do this every week, for fun! I could barely get work done the day leading up to it thinking about how bad I was going to be I ran 2 miles straight with them, I pushed hard...and tasted blood. I was absolutely dying and then walked the rest. And you know what? The run club was just happy I joined and came out. They all said it’s ok and I’ll improve. We all had a beer and they all told me about their worst day running Two days later instead of giving up I went for a jog again, same distance, just 2 miles. I felt not just better, but good. I don’t know when the last time I felt truly good from exercising was. Certainly never on the treadmill. I don’t weigh myself anymore, I threw out my scale a while ago, so I don’t know if I’m “losing it” yet, I’m still on this journey, but I wanted to say to anyone that sometimes it’s also about “gaining it” too, maybe the “it” I need is to fail a little bit so that I can succeed later when I earn it, instead of just maintaining like I was on the treadmill by myself I signed up for a half marathon in spring so there’s no going back now. Wish me luck. I’m gonna need it.

submitted by /u/Zanzoken814
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2oOw8Nd

No comments:

Post a Comment