Sunday, September 29, 2019

In need of advice, need to lose 250lbs all over again

I won’t bore y’all with the story but I’ve been fat all my life and had one good weight loss movement,I managed to go from 450+ to 250, stalled and called it quits due to work stress. Low cal Keto, low carb, and low sugar helped me lose it all.

Here I am again at 425lbs and I’m getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. I need to lose this again, but I need it to be sustainable. It doesn’t help that I’m stuck with family at the moment and they’re overeaters too so it’s like crabs in a pot when it comes to me losing weight, even though they fear me dying.

The last time I saw a good doctor, she diagnosed me with hypothyroidism and told me I should be eating somewhere between 1500-2000 calories to get the weight off now, and recommended the anti-inflammatory diet. Unfortunately that’s easier said than done, and I’m afraid of damaging my heart more with that deficit, plus i have gout and I’m pretty sure I have undiagnosed gallbladder issues.

I plugged my numbers into MFP and it recommends 2580 calories a day but won’t this keep me overweight far too long? It seems more doable however.

I also wonder about macros, must I hit them perfectly to lose weight? My doc recommended avoiding wheat and try low carb/Keto again but do carbs honestly matter if you’re at a calorie deficit? Low carb was sorta doable before but Keto was definitely not. I’m tempted to just eat carbs in my diet but the way they leave me hungry makes me want to limit them again

Advice? Where do I start? Did any of you start at 1500 and lose? 2500?

submitted by /u/BigRedMachine425
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2m1wyyG

No comments:

Post a Comment