Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Dropping a lot of weight for a sport?

It's sort of an obscure sport, but I did rowing/crew) for about a decade. It is an INTENSE sport that involves waking up at the asscrack of dawn to practice and requires tons of dedication and commitment. I rowed as a lightweight woman in high school, which has a weight cap of 130 lbs/59kg. I am 5'8 and that was attainable for me, but tough. I never felt weak or anything, but I definitely had to restrict what I ate and hit the gym hard. I could compete at open weight, but I was very very good as a lightweight.

I stopped rowing intensely about seven years ago, and gained about 70 pound for a top weight of 198lbs. That was...too much. I've lost about 40 pounds over three years and now im right around 155. I look good, I feel good. But I'd like to compete again as a lightweight rower, and I'm nervous about losing the weight. 130 is pretty small for someone of my size, especially if you're working out hard. I'm nervous that I'll take it too hard and develop some disordered eating behavior. I've taken my weight loss very slow and easy, and I worry about needing to cut in time for a regatta.

People who have been in similar situations, how did you decide if it was worth it or not?

submitted by /u/AbaloneHo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BWxpoL

No comments:

Post a Comment