Thursday, October 31, 2019

UPDATE! I've lost 250lbs and had skin removal surgery

Hey all! I've posted some photos of my loose skin previously and I'm happy to report that I've had some removed!

Long story short, I've lost ~250lbs over the course of a decade without the assistance of weight loss surgery.

Four weeks ago yesterday I had a fleur-de-lis abdominoplasty, arm lift, and a breast lift. You can find photos of them here, here, and here. I'm my own Halloween costume!

The most dramatic of the three was definitely the breast lift, and I opted out of the suggested implants. I won't share photos of those, but I have a scar underneath both breasts, one leading up to the areola, and then a scar around both (as they had to be taken in from being stretched out)

All in all I'm incredibly happy with my results! Although I'm still in a state of "this is surreal, I've been waiting years to have surgery" I don't know exactly how much the skin weighed, but the surgeon said not as much as you'd expect as skin doesn't weigh much. He said he removed roughly 3ft x 3ft of skin from my abdomen, which was about 6lbs, and quite a bit from my breasts as well.

PLEASE NOTE: it takes up to six months for optimal results of this surgery. My arms and abdomen are still in the early stages of healing and are fairly swollen. It doesn't help that I had just eaten (food baby!) and resumed cardio for the first time today, which will also result in some fluid build up. I'll post more photos when everything settles down

submitted by /u/heyzeusmaryandjoseph
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NuEceM

No comments:

Post a Comment