Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Got my first "are you losing weight?" at work today!

I started in April 2019 at 370lbs. I'm a 28F, 5'10" and I carry it pretty well. I'm not sure most people would know I was over 300 pounds, hopefully I'm not just being delusional.

I've been doing CICO and just trying to hit my step goal everyday. No extra exercise, no workout routines, just CICO mainly. My current calorie goal is 1790 and that changes as the weight comes off. I've been overweight my entire life, but I also played three sports every year throughout school. I have a soft goal set of getting down to 160-170 by my 30th birthday, which is March 2021.

Today a friend came to visit me at work. We work in the same building, just in different departments. I haven't had a single comment on my weight loss, and have been mildly frustrated because I feel like I don't look THAT much different. I am down 62.7 pounds as of this morning and the only people who have commented on my weight loss are my mom, and a couple close friends who are going through it with me.

But today I finally got that first comment. Are you losing weight? It felt incredible. I told her that I had been doing CICO since April and was down 62 pounds. I said, I'm sure it's hard for anyone to notice when I pretty much wear the same thing every day, jeans and a black jacket. She said, well your jacket is getting huge on you and I can see your weight loss everywhere. I was so happy, and so proud. Someone finally noticed!

For now, it's back to the grind. I still have a long way to go. But I just wanted to take that moment as a small win, hopefully the first of many more positive comments. :]

submitted by /u/NthngLeftToBurn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JANsgm

No comments:

Post a Comment