Monday, October 28, 2019

The best way to stay motivated...

After struggling with keeping diets for about a decade (I've done keto 3 times for a month each time, done intermittent fasting at least five times for a couple of months each time, tried weight watchers, tried counting calories countless times, tried the Paleo diet, tried shakes, etc.), I have finally found the best secret to a sustainable diet that nobody in my circles ever really talks about and I wanted to share it with you all.

Cheat meals (not cheat days). One cheat meal per week. As much as you want of anything you want.

About 4 months ago I finally admitted that I'm gaining weight, so I started intermittent fasting. A month ago I started strictly counting calories as well. And 2 weeks ago I stopped intermittent fasting, and started counting macros & working out. I'm on this steep uphill curve and I look forward to making the choices! I'm not suffering like I used to during diets. Having one cheat meal per week wasn't enough to ruin my diet (whereas cheat days always do). I still track everything I eat during a cheat meal (so that my weight loss forecast remains accurate). But I've gotta tell you... Sustainable dieting is the name of the game for long term health. And for the first time ever, I've been able to CHOOSE the health habits I set and stick with them with serious intensity in ways I haven't been able to do in the past decade of trying. And it's all because of cheat meals.

tldr; give yourself one cheat meal per week and track everything you eat. It's enough to look forward to but not enough to wreck your diet.

FYI - I'm down from 220 to 214 across the course of 4 months; slow weight loss, but it's so sustainable.

FYI part 2: I intentionally have been making these changes months or weeks apart so that I don't get overwhelmed and stressed out, and lose my motivation. That's also been very helpful.

submitted by /u/prettycoolredditguy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NkR5Yx

No comments:

Post a Comment