Sunday, October 27, 2019

What was the FINAL obstacle you overcame that started your weight loss?

With me there were a myriad of factors, and their contributions to keeping me fat changed rank frequently over time :

) Not knowing how to cook, whether in the pan, in the pot, on the stove, in the oven, in the grill -and not having much on YouTube tutorials wayyy back in the day (2004/5) ;

) Thinking as a Bodybuilder I had to get protein from chicken breast, failing to make it palatable and binging on crap;

) Thinking as a Bodybuilder I could cut ( that's lose fat while training heavy, I can't, I just can't, see below);

) Thinking as a Bodybuilder I had to keep training hard because I probably had crappy muscle memory (the reverse thankfully is true!!) which in MY case sends my appetite through the roof;

) Not knowing how to bulk cleanly;

) Not knowing basic Nutrition - ie not only ignorant of the role of Proteins/Carbs/Fats, but thinking all fats are bad, all carbs make you fat, etc;

) Not knowing how to store food for lunchtime at the office, and instead reaching out after a stressful morning for comfort food (ie 1500 cals in one frickken meal!)
) Insufficiently disciplined and too distracted to count calories ;

) Resorting to getting blotto every Friday/Saturday night to feel some happiness, however temporary, as despite have big thick muscles which I thought the ladies loved, I never had a date / female gaze etc due to being obese - and you can guess how THAT made me even LESS dateable!! ;

…..you get the idea.

What got MY high weight and bad attitudes to plateau, and start going the other side? I got this kick-ass contract in May that put a GOOD amount of money in the bank. Rode that a few months, although I put on a little weight due to the town it was in being famous for amazing curries, came back and cleaned EVERYTHING up. Plus I decided to leave my crappy corner of IT which has been sliding for 20 years, to much nicer pastures within. So I'd say ditching the job stress did it for me, BUT without knowing NOW how to cook smart, train smart, refrigerate/containerize smart etc how to weaponise the various diet hacks ie a HUGE bowl of steamed veggies lightly coated with Olive/Cod Liver Oil that passed off as dinner long enough for me to get to bed (and wake up starving LOL!!), without all those factors being in place I wouldn't be pulling it off now.

Damn that was a ramble!! Ok over to you, what single factor came last for you?

submitted by /u/JAdoreLaFrance
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31MT1ON

No comments:

Post a Comment