Thursday, October 24, 2019

Parents trying to sabotage weight loss

I'm 23 years old and still live at home because I'm in school; my job doesn't really pay enough for me to even rent a place because I can only work 8-12 hours a week. So I have to put up with my parents, if I were under 18 I would think this is borderline abuse tbh. I'm 5'3" and weigh roughly 155-160 pounds, since I have a larger frame my goal is get down to my previous weight of 125 that I had before I started working nights and overeating.

Though I'm significantly smaller than everyone in family I'm still a good 30 pounds overweight, my family are acting as though I'm underweight. My dad deliberately destroyed the scale so I couldn't use it, he tries to make me eat more than anyone else at meal times and even called me a "psycho b***h," and accused me of making myself sick. I still eat around 2500 calories a day and lose a pound a week; at my highest I was eating around 5000 + and I consider myself really lucky that I wasn't larger than I was. I've probably lost more weight since going by my thigh, upper arm and lower waist measurements but can't tell for sure because I don't have a working scale atm.

I have a naturally faster metabolism than everyone in my family and it's clear I'm not meant to be this size or I wouldn't be losing weight on 2500 calories a day and only being lightly active. I'm at a loss for what to do, I can't afford to move out nor do I want to mooch off of my friends but I can't deal with being shamed by someone 5'6" and over 320 pounds for wanting to lose weight (my dad)

submitted by /u/xpalicyax
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31LeeIQ

No comments:

Post a Comment