Sunday, October 27, 2019

It's so surreal to carry the amount of weight you lost in groceries

For context: I am around 90.4kg and I used to be around 103kg, I'm 5 ft 2.5 (I carry most of my weight in my legs) and I just got back from the supermarket. When I first picked up my rucksack and the single sturdy carrier bag I packed with me (I didn't want to spend an extra 5p for another one) I knew it was heavy. I knew I had to walk up a slope to get back home. Thankfully I only live 15 minutes away but in that short space of time, the lower back and knee pain I felt was all too familiar. Drenched in rain and sweat while in the lift (I live on 7th floor), I wondered how much I truly carried up that mini hill right outside of the supermarket.

Putting my groceries down on my bathroom scale and it read... 13.5kg... To say I was shocked was an understatement. While I was walking, it felt as though I had been in this situation before: out of breath, struggling to breathe, my back and knees begging for mercy... And now I knew why. I used to be that heavy.

I know I still have a long way to go but it's nice to look back sometimes and see how far you've come. I just wanted to share this with someone. If you're like me and the weight loss has been slow, don't give up! It's better to move slow than to not move at all. It took me a year to lose 13kg and even though I could've lost a bit more, I'm glad I did it. Have you ever had an experience like this before?

submitted by /u/Nutmegbread
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WgJizj

No comments:

Post a Comment