Thursday, October 24, 2019

Helping my mom lose weight..

..from across the world, and it’s a great feeling. After going through my own weight loss journey a couple of years ago, I’m finally understanding calorie counting and the importance of nutrition.

My mom lives quite far from me, in a different country where there has typically been a lack of awareness about food and self care, especially within the previous generation. However, she came to me asking for help with weight loss, and I started tracking her daily food intake, calories and macros using a shared Google Sheets log, over a month ago. After years of being stuck at the same higher weight, she’s finally seeing her weight go down and is actually aware of what she’s eating daily, and how it affects her body. Helping her be happier and overcome a barrier which most of us have struggled with at some point makes my heart full.

Just a happy rant which also maybe helps another person out there, who wants to help a parent or someone struggling with weight loss

submitted by /u/cloudypeaks
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2N8IFUb

No comments:

Post a Comment