Monday, October 28, 2019

Would it be okay for me to use a protein shake/powder as one source of protein during weight loss?

I started losing weight in January of this year and in the beginning I was COMPLETELY about CICO. I barely changed my diet at all, bar cutting out snacks and fast food. I ate all of the same foods at home and I didn't put any thought into my macronutrients. Then a few months later I slowly started to make better food choices and started exercising.

I'm now at the point where I'm doubling down on the quality of the food I'm eating and my portion sizes. I've always been a fan of meal replacement shakes and bars, because I like convenience. I'm wondering if it would be acceptable and healthy for me to use protein powder or a protein shake as one of my sources of protein during weight loss?

I really want to maintain what little muscle I have and if possible I would also like to build muscle ever so slightly whilst working towards my goal weight. However I don't want to try and stick to a strict fitness-centric diet because I'm afraid that'll throw me off of my weight loss. I think that some sort of power, shake or replacement would be beneficial to me but I'm unsure of the realities.

submitted by /u/chrisd848
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BRk5BW

No comments:

Post a Comment