Wednesday, October 30, 2019

NSV: the box of shame, plus new job

NSV1

Tucked away in the back of my bedroom closet is the box of shame -- all the clothing that fit me 4-5 years ago after I lost 80 pounds, but stopped fitting me a few years later after I re-gained 100. Well now I'm 60 pounds into my second shot at weight loss, and those shirts and pants that fit me in June are starting to look like clown clothes today.

So before heading to the stores, I peeked inside the box of shame. I found about six things that fit nicely right now, which is very helpful. More importantly, I found motivation in all the awesome clothes that used to fit great but are still out of reach. It's crazy to imagine that I used to be a size L ! I was in 2XB's this summer, and am teetering on the edge of XXL->XL right now. Still lots of work to go, but thankfully I have an extra bit of motivation now...

NSV2

In September, HQ notified that they're shutting down my office and firing us all. Ugh, back on the job market after 15 years...

Since appearances matter more than they should in hiring, it's good luck that the weight loss efforts I started in June have started to produce noticeable results. Went for an interview last week and [barely] got the job. I start Monday.

So thanks to both of those NSV's, I"m heading down to Portland Oregon this weekend for a little tax-free shopping for properly-fitting work pants.

submitted by /u/7sins-sloth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/33cf8jr

No comments:

Post a Comment