Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Day one and I'm feeling optimistic

I finally got in to see the obesity clinic at my local hospital yesterday. I'm very medically complicated, and nothing I'd tried in the past had worked with weight loss. My health has declined to the point where I'm not able to exercise at all, although I'm hoping to be able to get swimming next week, once I fix my swimwear; that will help. I can be in the pool for hours and I love it.

Today was the first day of Optifast shakes plus two cups of steamed veggies, under the advice and observation of the clinic doctors, and I'm not feeling deprived. My blood sugar dropped a little far this evening because I bolused too much insulin (I rounded 18.4 carbs up to 19, and I think I may have miscalculated the carbs in the veggies) but otherwise I'm doing fine.

For the first time in a long time, I feel hopeful. It's going to take a lot of time and work, but I feel like I actually know what I need to do now, and that makes such a difference. I'm not struggling in the dark anymore.

submitted by /u/rebootfromstart
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2q41IHl

No comments:

Post a Comment