Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I hate it when people comment on my weight loss

Title basically says it all. I've lost 30 lbs since April, and recently I've gotten a few comments about it.

I live with my parents, and my mom talks to me about it a lot. I've gotten more used to talking to her about it (ie talking about exercising and being more mindful of what food I eat), but when she comments on my weight loss I hate it. I hate talking "numbers" with her, telling her how much weight I've lost or how much I weigh now. My dad has commented once, saying he's noticed the weight loss and congratulating me on it, but that made me very uncomfortable as well.

A few weeks ago, a coworker (actually my supervisor), told me that I looked good and asked if I was losing weight. I was extremely uncomfortable with that conversation, and just said "a little, yes" and moved on.

That being said, I don't really mind comments online about it. I guess because it seems more impersonal to me, but I feel much more comfortable with online comments than in person.

Does anyone else have this? I see posts from people saying they're so happy when people finally notice their weight loss, but honestly that's my worst nightmare, to have people commenting on it all the time. I'm sure that it's partially to do with my anxiety, but I still feel like it's weird.

submitted by /u/keeko4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Pw3mME

No comments:

Post a Comment