Saturday, October 26, 2019

NSV: Liked a photo of myself for the first time in 2 years!!

I'm in college and work at my school's gym. We hosted a Halloween event tonight and I totally forgot that I was working it until 10 minutes before I needed to be there! (I live a 2 minute walk away so it was no big deal)

Now, I manage depression and binge eating disorder and about 2 years ago I became very depressed and gained about 20 lbs. Then about 1 year ago I broke my leg and gained another 10 lbs. I became extremely negative toward myself and thought I would never lose the weight I'd gained.

After working closely with a therapist, taking antidepressants, joining a wonderful student-led eating disorder support group, and using the Noom app for a few months, I've lost about 15 lbs (!!!) and more importantly befriended my body and learned to deal with my emotions in a more constructive manner. Something that really helps is starting my day with a positive affirmation and meditating when I feel old ED habits creeping up.

Anyway, with about 10 minutes until the event, I threw on a ton of black clothes and spooky jewelery as a last-minute witch costume and ran to work. I didn't even put on makeup and was feeling a bit self-conscious about it, since so many girls at my school dress very sexy for Halloween.

The event was actually very fun and my coworkers/friends asked me to take some photobooth photos with them (you know the kind with silly props). By this point I was simply enjoying myself and not worried about my appearance, so I agreed.

I CAN REALLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE OF MY WEIGHT LOSS IN MY FACE!!! This time last year I was literally bullying myself, but with so much support and effort (and ups and downs) I've befriended my body and made real progress. My birthday is in a few months and I remember last year I absolutely DREADED it because I was too ashamed to be in any photos at all. But I loved these photobooth pictures so much! I could see REAL JOY in my expression, and a slimmer face. I was so happy with how I looked that I went back and did a little set of photos of just myself and a silly dinosaur puppet that I liked, and I LOVE how they turned out!!!!

submitted by /u/lux_urie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PkD6Vp

No comments:

Post a Comment