Thursday, October 24, 2019

Here we go....

So someone suggested i post here after posting on a triathlon reddit.

So here we go. I am 30 female 5'8 and 215 pounds. I wasn't always this size most of my life I was at 155. As a kid i was chubby but that went away with puberty. I love sports and getting physical but never made the time for it. Got married gained 10 pounds after switching from a very active job to not doing much at all. Then my first pregnancy came with a 40pound weight gain after he was born. I sat there for a few years before starting on a better path. A weight contest at the local gym saw a 21 pound weight loss in 12 weeks. Then i had a miscarriage and started to binge eat. A few months later i got pregnant again. This time it came with another 35 pounds gained after birth. I was at 225. After about a year it was time to start down the healthy path again. Managed to get down to 185. Then my mom killed herself. I binged again. I binged myself back up 215. It's been almost a year and it's time again.

Only this time I don't care about the weight. I used to obsess over tracking. If i was doing to well i would binge. If i was doing bad i would binge. This isn't what i want for myself. So instead I decided to make a different goal. I am training to do a triathlon in august 2020. I will weigh myself for the last time jan 1st. Then not again until after the race. I am restricting calories still but i am not focusing on that stupid number on the scale. No I am doing this for me. To be a healthier more active better me. It's always been on my bucket list. Well i am going to start ticking off boxes. I am going to actually live my life and no longer be just an audience member. I hope I can share this journey with you all. It's going to be rough but I AM GOING TO DO THIS. Feel free to join me for this crazy ride.

submitted by /u/tomuchsugar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jl8SxD

No comments:

Post a Comment