Friday, October 25, 2019

[SV] I'm Overweight!!!!

After a week of gaining and losing the same 1.5lbs I stepped on the scale this morning to see, I had finally reached my first goal! I was finally below 174, at 5'4" that's the threshold between obese and overweight. So now I am officially overweight and I couldn't be happier.

I started in late August at 187, have been doing lazy CICO and going to the gym at least 5 days a week. I've been here before, maybe two or three times in my adult life, but it has never felt as sustainable as it does now. I started reading more about how weight loss works (hence beginning something like CICO for the first time) and following this and other subs. My goals are much smaller this time instead of having my only goal be my ultimate "healthy weight."

Before when I tried to lose weight, I would give up as soon as stuff in my life got hard. This time it feels so different, I've realized I will never have time to go to the gym if I don't make time. I will never have the discipline to follow a diet if it isn't a priority for me everyday, even the tough ones. I'm literally going through a break up (my first adult, long term relationship) and I have to figure out how to move across the country back to my parents. But despite all that stress, I still go to the gym, it actually brings me peace now. I still eat healthy, it gives me a sense of control and progress when everything else feels like shit lol.

I hope I'll post again in a few months when I reach a new goal.

submitted by /u/MoscatoDrunk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2qL7gXF

No comments:

Post a Comment