Thursday, October 31, 2019

I just had a small epiphany on how I look at water weight.

I have been on a weight-loss journey for the past 5 months. Initially I started changing my eating habits because I knew that was the best place to start.

I started on the keto diet for the first 2 months. I enjoyed the way that diet made me feel but eventually I got tired of limiting myself to certain foods. In addition, I dropped a solid 10 pounds in the first two weeks and I wrote it off to water weight.

I then switched to IF and clean eating to see how that made me feel. Long story short, I really enjoy this eating lifestyle. I have come to absolutely love vegetables and cooking and all that jazz. I have lost another 15 pounds since.

This past weekend my SO and I went to a Halloween party at a new friend’s house. We just met this couple roughly a month ago and we were really excited to get to know them and their friends more. Anyways, I consciously threw my diet aside that night and extended my eating and drinking way past my normal feeding window.

In addition, I had no reservations about what I was eating or drinking.

Long story short, I woke up the next morning feeling extremely bloated and gross. I got on the scale and noticed that I literally gained 10 pounds overnight.

I’m sure this was due to a handful of reasons but I think a lot of it was water weight. The amount of refined carbs I took in the night prior must have activated my ish to store as much as it possibly could.

I got back on my IF and clean eating routine and over the pass 5 days I watched my weight fall back to where it was before the party (188.5).

Long story short, I just had a small revelation at work.

When I started both Keto and IF I saw similar drops in weight initially and I wrote it off to water weight. Almost dismissing it as if that weight wasn’t a part of me.

The thing is, water weight is your weight. It is a direct byproduct of the way you eat and how your body responds to the food you take in.

Do not ignore the quick weight loss you experience when you start or get back on track. Do not just assume it’s water weight and wait for it to plateau before you start to “see” progress.

Losing water weight IS progress. It’s a sign that you’re treating your body correctly and making the right steps to better yourself.

Edit 1: grammar

submitted by /u/bronze08x3
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3217DKK

No comments:

Post a Comment